Monday, May 21, 2007

I was up in my tree stand waiting for the big buck, when a doe came into view, as she neared, a gunhunter shot her. I watched this guy approach and then saw him drop his pants, trying to manouver the doe's rear end around. I burst out laughing, he jumped, pulled up his pants and looked up at me. "I didn't see you up there !", he said, "Jesus, your not going to tell anyone about this ,are you?" " You have to be kidding," I said, "I never seen anything like this in all my years of hunting, I can't wait to get back to camp and tell the boys this one." He grabbed his gun and pointed it up at me, all I had was my bow and arrow. "Come on down out of that tree right now." he said. When I reached the ground he said, " Didn't you ever want to do it to a nice warm doe?" " Well, I may have thought about it."I said, "But , I would never do it!" He cocked the rifle and said, "Thinking time's over, you do it, or I'll shoot you!" It wasn't all that bad an experience, and at least I got to go first!


CC # 24 I never did tell the boys, until now!



These stories remind me of all those ads in the hunting magazines when I was an adolescent, in great big bold type, they would say: "Learn how to mount all types of animals!"

No comments: