Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I was going salmon fishing on the Margaree, when I had some car problems, I pulled into the Irving station in Margaree Forks. A young fellow came out, I said , "Are you a mechanic?"
He said, " No sir, I'm a McGinnis, did you think you knowed me."


I was hunting one day and had shot a few ducks when the game warden came along He introduced himself and then said he would have to check out my ducks. He picked up the first duck, and stuck his finger up the ducks rear-end, then passed his finger under his nose, He said, " This is a P.E.I. duck, do you have a P.E.I License? " I said," Sure." and produced one.
He picked up a second duck, stuck his finger up it's rear-end, then passed it under his nose. "This is a Newfoundland duck, do you have a Nfld License." "Sure", I said ,and showed it to him.
He did this a third time, and said this duck was from New Brunswick, did I have a N.B. licence?"
I produced that license also. "Well, " he said, "Everything seems to be in order here, by the way Sir, I've been the warden around here for a lot of years, I don't remember ever seeing you before, where are you from?" I turned around, dropped my pants and bent over. " Why don't you tell me!" I said, " You seem to be the expert."

No comments: