Monday, May 7, 2007

I was a sonar operator on Sea King helicopters in the Canadian Navy, one day the pilots spotted a pod of whales, decided to hover and I put the sonar ball in the water. The sound of whales communicating is very interesting to say the least. Quite a while later, during another dip as we called it, one pilot asked me if I still had those whales on there. I told him yes, and then related a story I had recently read ,that said whales can possibly communicate thousands of miles apart if they are both in the same temperature gradient. I told him to turn on his sonar audio switch, if he wanted to still hear them. He then asked me what I thought they might be saying. I told him I knew exactly what they were saying!" He said, "What's that Paul ?" I told him they were saying, " Can you still hear meeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

CC#13 An original by yours truly

No comments: